For 25 years, Lewis's Child and Adolescent Psychiatry has been the cornerstone of every child and adolescent psychiatrist's library. Now, three colleagues of Dr. Lewis at the world-renowned Yale Child Study Center, have substantially updated and revised this foundational textbook for its long-awaited fifth edition, the first in ten years. Encyclopedic in scope, it continues to serve as a broad reference, deftly encompassing and integrating scientific principles, research methodologies, and everyday clinical care.
• Ideal for anyone involved in the study or practice of child and adolescent psychiatry.
• Includes new content on Research Domain Criteria (RDoC) approach advanced by the National Institute of Mental Health.
• Section on telepsychiatry has been expanded, and psychopharmacology content has been updated and re-organized into five distinct yet linked components.
• Chapters cover ethics, research methodologies, treating diverse populations, evidence-based practice, common disorders and syndromes, treatment options, legal issues, and more.
• All royalties from the sale of the book will go to the Break the Cycle initiative of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
• The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline.
• Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks.
• Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design.
• The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click.