Dr. Elias da Rocha Barros, Howard B. Levine and more
Canadian Psychoanalytic Society
Greetings, CPS Congress delegates. I deeply regret that we could not join you on site for this year's Congress. In lieu of traveling from Toronto and setting up a display, we offer you a 15% discount off list prices through to June 30th, 2018, and free shipping within Canada. Unless noted, the publisher is Routledge, whose catalogue as of this year reflects the acquisition of nearly all titles previously published by Karnac.
—Joe Adelaars, Managing Director and Proprietor
Here are three lists of titles:
• CPS 43rd Congress Featured titles , including this year’s Speakers’ Books, new books by CPS members, and new titles by or about Bion & Meltzer
• IPA – Psychoanalytic Ideas and Applications series
• Recently Published – a selection
If ordering online please mention CPS15% in the shopping cart comments.
About the Congress:
Dr. Elias da Rocha Barros is a psychoanalyst, training analyst and renowned international speaker from São Paolo, Brazil. He is the recipient of the Sigourney Award for significant contributions in the field of psychoanalysis, and is a pioneer in making the work of Melanie Klein and her followers known in South America. He has combined the influences of his training in the British Psychoanalytic Institute with his studies of both Kleinian and field theory popular in Italy and in Latin America.
Reserve the Date Brochure (PDF)
New Programme Features
• May 30-31, Pre-congress Working Parties Group (CCM and WPSPTT-IGW) with moderators from Brazil, Canada, France and the USA.
Separate registration and registration fee is required for the Pre-Congress. Register here.
• Keynote Address with Dr. Elias da Rocha Barros
• Master Clinical Case Presentation with Dr. Elias da Rocha Barros
• Work/Study Groups aimed at in-depth explorations of four psychoanalytic topics led by a panel of Canadian experts:
• The Psychoanalytic Study of the Work of Bion (Drs. Elie Debbane, Rose Vasta, Gabriela Legorreta, Sharon Francis Harrison)
• The Psychoanalytic Study of Sibling Relation (Drs. Brian Robertson, Gabriela Legorreta)
• The Psychoanalytic Study of Trauma (Dr. Arthur Leonoff, Ms. Josette Garon, Dr. Joseph Fernando)
• The Study of Psychoanalytic Couple Therapy (Dr. Sarah Usher, Ms. Carole Hamel)
• Invited Paper Presentation by Doctor Howard Levine (USA)
• Panel Discussion on Working Party Groups (Drs. Philippe Valon (France), Elizabeth da Rocha Barros (Brazil), Margaret Ann Fitzpatrick Hanly (Canada)
VIEW THE CONGRESS PROVISIONAL PROGRAMME (PDF)