An empowering guide to worrying less and limiting the harmful effects worry and stress can have on the body.
Worry can take a toll on the body as well as the mind-from weight gain and hair loss to irritable bowel syndrome and nausea, excessive worrying can upset the natural balance of a person's body, leaving them with a weakened immune system and susceptible to illness.
Worried Sick examines the patterns of worry-and offers practical strategies on how to kick the habit and restore well-being, covering topics such as:
• The latest proven techniques for staying unworried and centered
• Exercises that relax tense muscles and unwind the mind
• How to identify and avoid toxic people and information that encourages anxiety
• Mantras and "thought blockers" to use to prevent negativity from taking over
• Which serotonin-boosting foods to reach for and which stress-inducing foods to resist
Worried Sick takes a holistic approach to coping with the circumstances and situations that give rise to worry and the symptoms that often result, so that readers can start experiencing a better quality of life.
--- from the publisher