Relevant and accessible, CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES helps students learn, compare, and apply the major systems of psychotherapy in a way that is meaningful to both their classroom experience and to their own practices. CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES is used in top counseling, psychology, and social work programs, and features an outstanding group of contributors, each of whom is either an originator or a leading proponent of one of the systems. Each contributor presents the basic principles of the system, including how it compares with other systems, in a clear and straightforward manner. Each theory chapter includes a case example that guides students through the problem, evaluation, treatment, and follow-up process. CASE STUDIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY, which accompanies CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES, offers corresponding cases that demonstrate the basic techniques and methods of the theory being illustrated. This edition includes classic case studies by Harold Mosak, Carl Rogers, Albert Ellis, Arnold Lazarus, and Peggy Papp.
1. INTRODUCTION / Frank Dumont and Raymond J. Corsini.
2. PSYCHOANALYSIS / Ellen B. Luborsky, Maureen O'Reilly-Landry, and Jacob A. Arlow.
3. ADLERIAN PSYCHOTHERAPY/ Harold H. Mosak and Michael P. Maniacci.
4. ANALYTICAL PSYCHOTHERAPY/ Claire Douglas.
5. PERSON-CENTERED THERAPY/ Nathaniel J. Raskin, Carl Rogers and Marjorie Witty.
6. RATIONAL EMOTIVE BEHAVIOR THERAPY/Albert Ellis.
7. BEHAVIOR THERAPY/ G. Terence Wilson.
8. COGNITIVE THERAPY/Aaron T. Beck and Marjorie Weishaar.
9. EXISTENTIAL PSYCHOTHERAPY/Irvin Yalom and Ruthellen Josselson
10. GESTALT THERAPY/ Gary Yontef and Lynne Jacobs.
11. INTERPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY/ Myrna Weissman and Helena Verdeli.
12. FAMILY THERAPY/ Irene Goldenberg and Herbert Goldenberg.
13. CONTEMPLATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPIES /Roger Walsh.
14. INTEGRATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPIES/John Norcross and Larry Beutler.
15. MULTICULTURAL PSYCHOTHERAPIES/Lillian Comas-Diaz.
16. CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGES AND CONTROVERSIES/ Ken Pope and Danny Wedding.