This book is a quick-access guide for outlining psychopharmacologic drugs for major DSM-IV-R disorders, and is ideal reference for primary care providers to prescribe and monitor in advanced practice settings. Presenting principles of psychopharmacology, psychiatric syndromes, and psychopharmacological treatment, this reference guide is essential in the advanced practice setting. Special conditions are addressed for prescribing medications such as sleep disorders, post natal depression, and age-specific disorders in pediatrics and gerontology.
• Accessible PDA format for faster diagnostic information
• Clinical algorithms for diagnosing psych-mental health conditions
• Presents treatment guidelines in selecting over 100 psychotropic drug regimens and monitoring parameters for each drug
• Includes easy-to-read tables and graphs for quick clinical consultation
• Provides case studies, complete with answers and extensive references for further reading