Prologue, Estelle Shane, Ph.D. and Morton Shane, M.D.
- An Expansion of Motivational Theory: Lichtenberg’s Motivational Systems Model, James L. Fosshage, Ph.D.
- Main Meaning and Motivation, Lawrence Friedman, M. D.
- Lichtenberg’s Theory of Therapy, Joseph Weiss, M.D.
- On the Psychobiology of Motivation, John E. Gedo, M. D.
- The Application of Lichtenberg’s Five Motivational Systems to the Analysis of Mother–Infant Interaction, Mary Mittlestaedt, Ph.D., R. N. C. and Ann Walton, B. A.
- Exploring the Model Scene: Finding the Focus in an Intersubjective Approach to Brief Psychotherapy, Philip A. Ringstrom, Ph.D.
- Generativity Versus Personal Ambition: The Feminine Dilemma Seen in the Light of New Motivational Systems, Estelle Shane, Ph.D. and Morton Shane, M.D
- An Appreciative Response, Joseph D. Lichtenberg, M.D.
Epilogue, Estelle Shane, Ph.D. and Morton Shane. M.D.