Fully updated and expanded, in full color with intuitive icons throughout, packed with its unique comparison charts, and with patient handouts as printable PDFs – the widely acclaimed reference to psychotropic medications in children and adolescents is now more “user-friendly” than ever!
This unique book fills the need for a comprehensive, yet compact and easy-to-use reference for all mental health professionals dealing with children and adolescents. Packed with the practical comparison charts for which it is renowned, other outstanding features of the Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs for Children and Adolescents are:
• Independent, unbiased
• Unique comparison charts (dosages, side effects, pharmacokinetics, interactions…) that allow you to see at a glance which medication is the most suitable for each patient
• Instantly recognizable icons and full color throughout
• Compiles the latest information from the published literature (scientific data, controlled clinical trials, case reports) and clinical experience in one easy-to-use reference
• Includes monograph statements on use in children and adolescents and approved indications, as well as available data concerning off-label indications, findings from open and double-blind studies concerning doses, adverse effects, and other considerations
• Succinct, bulleted information on all classes of medication: classification, available products (including US and Canadian trade names), on- and off-label indications (US FDA and Canada); pharmacology, dosing, pharmacokinetics; adverse effects, precautions, contraindications, toxicity; lab tests, precautions, nursing implications; drug interactions; patient and caregiver instructions... All you need to know for each class of drug!!
From the Reviews:
"A ‘must-have’ for those prescribing psychotropic medications in children and adolescents. It remains by far the most user-friendly and comprehensive handbook available for prescribers, teachers, students, and others working or interested in the field of child and adolescent psychopharmacology."
Pieter Joost van Wattum, MD, MA, in Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Vol. 70, p. 301
"If you see children who are placed on psychotropic medications, this books clearly falls into your ‘must-have’ category."
J.C. Courtney in Child Neuropsychology, Vol. 11, p. 311
"Provides the busy clinician with all the information that is essential for those prescribing a psychotropic drug to a child or adolescent....Very ‘user friendly... Highly recommended to all clinicians that specialize in treating children and adolescents."
B.E. Leonard in Human Psychopharmacology, Vol. 20, p. 70
"The main strength of this book is its ability to summarize a large amount of information and make it immediately available at one’s fingertips. The clinician needing facts and needing them fast will enjoy the handbook."
S. C. Kowalik in Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, Vol. 15, p. 129
"A practical resource guide for trainees as well as experienced clinicians."
Tanvir Singh & Jeff Wahl in Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Vol. 44, p. 606
"Authoritatively and exhaustively compiles currently available information in a user-friendly form. The aim of the Handbook is to be a source of ‘fast facts’ for the busy clinician...an aim it achieves splendidly."
M. Gittelman, Editor of International Journal of Mental Health
"Well-researched... An essential reference book [that] all professionals should have... Full of indispensable information and data in a sequenced and logical design."
P. Shelley in International Journal of Psychiatric Nursing Research, Vol. 20
"A useful guide for busy clinicians and one that puts pharmacotherapy for child and adolescent psychiatry in context."
Kelly Lai in Hong Kong Journal of Psychiatry, Vol. 15, p. 64
"Well organized... Excellent patient and caregiver information sheets... Factual information is concisely displayed in tables that educators will want to share."
Leslie L. Citrome in Annals of Pharmacotherapy, Vol. 42, p. 147