A positive, mindful plan for the whole family!
If your child has been given a diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. With The Conscious Parent's Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, you will learn how to take a relationship-centered approach to parenting that engages your child and ensures that he succeeds behaviorally, socially, and cognitively. Conscious parenting is about being present with your child and taking the time to understand how to help him flourish. By practicing this mindful method, you can support your child emotionally and help nurture his development.
This easy-to-use guide helps you to:
• Honor your child's unique perspective and cognitive strengths
• Adapt a conscious parenting philosophy that works for everyone
• Identify triggers that can lead to sensory overload
• Lower stress levels for the entire family, including other siblings
• Keep open communication with your child and help him foster good relationships
• Embrace your child's passions and help him grow in practical ways
• Educate your family and friends about Asperger's
• Advocate for your child at school
With The Conscious Parent's Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, you'll learn to create a calm and mindful atmosphere for the whole family, while helping your child succeed and thrive.
About the Author:
William Stillman is the award-winning author of many special-needs parenting books, including The Autism Answer Book and The Everything Parent's Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, 2nd Edition. He is one of the autism authorities at Sharecare.com, an online health and wellness platform created by Dr. Oz, HARPO Productions, and Discovery Communications. Bill presents autism workshops and consultant services for parents and special education professionals across the country and is a nationally acclaimed speaker on Asperger's syndrome. An adult with Asperger's syndrome, Bill lives in Pennsylvania.