* First book to present a mindfulness-based approach to helping couples and families
* Provides a theoretical framework for mindfulness-based couple and family therapy (MBCFT)
* Integrates mindfulness and Buddhist psychological principles
* Offers a strength-based approach to therapy
* Includes handouts and worksheets
This book reviews the research and philosophical foundations for using mindfulness, acceptance, and Buddhist psychology in couple and family therapy. It also provides a detailed and practical approach for putting these ideas into action in the therapy room, including a mindful approach to therapeutic relationships, case conceptualization, treatment planning, teaching meditation, and intervention.
--- from the publisher
I. Introduction to Philosophical and Research Foundations.-Mindfulness in Therapy.-A Mindful Re-visioning of Couple and Family Therapy Practice.-Mindfulness Research Foundations.-II. The Practice of Mindfully Oriented Couple & Family Therapy.-Therapeutic Presence and Mindfulness.-Mindfulness-Informed Case Conceptualization and Treatment Planning.-Teaching Mindfulness Practice in Therapy.-Foundational Mindfulness- and Acceptance-Informed Interventions and Practices.-Mindfulness and Acceptance Interventions for Couples and Families.-III: Training and Self-Care.-Training and Supervision.-Therapist Self-Care and Style of Life.-Online Resources.-References