If you have bulimia, you know what it's like to be locked in a battle with your body-and you know that whether you're trying to lose weight or struggling to end the bingeing and purging cycle, the same old fears and self-doubts keep coming back. The approach to moving beyond bulimia inThe Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Bulimia is different than other treatments you may have tried. Instead of encouraging you to avoid or fight against the conflicted feelings you have about food and your body, this workbook invites you to welcome and accept your deepest fears, learn to live with them, and put the things that are really important in your life first.
Easier said than done? Definitely. But with this plan based in acceptance and commitment therapy, a proven-effective therapeutic solution to bulimia and other conditions, you'll develop the powerful psychological skills you need to move past bulimia and toward a more fulfilling way of life.
The worksheets, exercises, and questionnaires in this book will help you:
- Determine the risks of continuing the bulimia cycle
- Identify the experiences and relationships that matter to you most
- Practice present-moment awareness
- Learn to accept your thoughts, feelings, and experiences as they come
- Recommit to living according to your deepest values