There is a newer edition of this title.
This practical sourcebook presents more than 70 interventions that have been empirically demonstrated to improve the classroom learning environment, bolster academic achievement, and enhance student behavior and social competence. Each intervention is delineated in a brief, standardized format that describes its purpose, lists needed materials, and provides step-by-step implementation procedures. Geared toward optimal utility and accessibility, all of the interventions can easily be delivered by regular classroom teachers and make use of existing or readily available resources. The book includes guidelines for designing, implementing, and evaluating school-based interventions, as well as case examples illustrating how several interventions can be combined to create a comprehensive program for individual students or entire classes.
* 76 clear, concise, and empirically validated interventions.
* Evaluation component to assess effectiveness is included.
* Interventions are empowering for teachers, and serve both remedial and preventive functions.
* Abundant practical materials included; e.g., questionnaire models and sample evaluation sheets.
* Hardcover sold well to professionals and was widely adopted for student use.
2 The Intervention Assistance Approach to Solving Classroom Problems.
3. Proactive Interventions: Strategies That Create a Productive, Disruption-Free Classroom Environment.
The Importance of Proactive Classroom Management.
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Proactive Interventions.
Proactive Classroom Management Interventions
4. Interventions to Improve Academic Performance.
Targets of Academic Interventions.
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Academic Interventions.
Interventions to Improve Academic Productivity.
Interventions to Improve Homework Completion.
Interventions to Improve Reading Performance.
Interventions to Improve Mathematics Performance.
Interventions to Improve Written Language Performance.
Interventions to Improve Social Studies and Science Performance.
5. Interventions to Modify Behavior and Enhance Social Competence.
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Behavioral Interventions.
Interventions to Increase On-Task Behavior and Reduce Inappropriate Behavior in the Classroom.
Interventions to Improve Behavior in Special Classes and Less Structured Situations.
Interventions to Decrease Verbal and Physical Aggression and Increase Cooperative Behavior.
-copied from the publisher's website