nothing in cart|
Treatment for Chronic Depression : Cognitive Behavioral Analysis System of Psychotherapy - CBASP |
McCullough, James P.|
|Guilford Publications / Softcover / 2003-08-01 / 1572309652|
| ||Cognitive Behavioural Therapy|
|price: $37.50 (may be subject to change)|
| ||326 pages|
Usually ships within one week. |
This volume describes the Cognitive Behavioral Analysis System of Psychotherapy (CBASP), a research-based approach designed to motivate chronically depressed patients to change and to help them develop needed problem-solving and relationship skills. Presenting clear, step-by-step guidelines for implementing CBASP-along with compelling empirical evidence that supports its efficacy-the book is filled with illustrative case material that brings challenging clinical situations to life. Also covered are ways to measure treatment outcomes and recommended procedures for training and supervision.
--- from the publisher
I. CBASP and the Psychopathology of the Patient
1. A Therapist's Problems with a Chronically Depressed Patient
2. Introduction to Chronically Depressed Patients and the CBASP Program
3. Understanding the Psychopathology of Chronically Depressed Patients
4. Course Patterns, Comorbidity, and Psychological Characteristics
II. CBASP Method and Procedures
5. Strategies to Enhance Motivation for Change
6. Elicitation Phase of Situational Analysis
7. Remediation Phase of Situational Analysis
8. Using the Therapist-Patient Relationship to Modify Behavior
9. Measuring Acquisition Learning and Generalized Treatment Effects
III. History and Other Aspects of CBASP
10. CBASP's Emergence on the National Scene
11. Training CBASP Psychotherapists
12. Comparison of CBASP to Beck's Cognitive Therapy and Klerman's Interpersonal Psychotherapy Models
13. Resolving Common Patient Problems and Crises
A. Therapist Prompts for Administering Situational Analysis (PASA).
B. Rating Scales for Adherence Monitoring and for Evaluating the Quality of the Interpersonal Relationship.
C. Rating the Presence of Optimal CBASP Psychotherapist Qualities and Abilities.
"[This] book will become more than compulsory reading: it will become a keystone for advanced training in the psychotherapy of patients with chronic depression....For the researcher, McCullough demonstrates a clinically significant therapy approach for chronic depression that begs consideration of certification in this method....I recommend the book very strongly for the treatment of chronically depressed patients by therapists who have been in practice for 24 months to 24 years."-Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
"The book is exciting because it presents a stimulating integrative theory of psychopathology and therapy and because it describes a complex and multifaceted treatment that has been shown to be effective in a large clinical trial....It is likely to be widely read by advanced graduate students, clinicians, and researchers interested in cognitive-behavioral and eclectic treatment. It should also be of great interest to dynamic therapists trying to help treatment-resistant patients."-Contemporary Psychology