After 12 years, a new edition of The ASAM Criteria is here. Completely redesigned and updated from its 2001 edition, The ASAM Criteria applies the newest science in the field of addiction medicine, is compliant with the DSM-5 and incorporates a user-friendly functionality.
New content includes emerging areas of focus, such as gambling and tobacco use disorders, as well as population-specific sections, including older adults and persons in criminal justice settings.
• Broadens the process beyond the placement decision, leading patients into recovery
• Improved, user-friendly design to aid in the flow of the treatment process
• Content revisions include edits from expert field reviewers
• Implementations of feedback from professionals in the field
• The newest science in the field of addiction
• Emphasizes the continuum of care
• DSM-5 compatibility
• Recovery-oriented, strength-based and stages of change language to help motivate and empower patients