Regardless of your client's diagnosis or presenting problems, they're likely to be concerned about their weight. And that impacts treatment.
Noted expert on eating and weight disorders, Edward Abramson, PhD, has created the definitive guide to help you approach weight issues and questions clients will have. Easy to read and highly practical, you'll be able to give your clients sound advice and develop realistic plans to manage their weight and feel good about their bodies.
• How to turn the whys of eating into treatment strategies
• Diets, drugs and surgeries -- what you must know
• Simple environmental changes that decrease eating
• Tools to assess and improve body image
• Tips to make exercise easier (and enjoyable!)
About the Author:
Edward Abramson, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist, professor emeritus at California State University, instructor at UC Berkeley extension, and former director of the Eating Disorders Center at Chico Community Hospital. He is the author of five books and more than 20 scientific studies of obesity and eating disorders, and has appeared on dozens of television and radio programs including 20/20.