A True Story of Three Generations of Sexual Abuse
As an artist, I say ME TOO to anyone game to witness my truth.
As a daughter and granddaughter, I say ME TOO to all my extended family and ancestors.
As a therapist, I say ME TOO to all my clients.
And to all of you survivors, I say ME TOO Loud and Clear because let's face it, the path from silence to active hope is still under construction.
I live to tell the tale of my spiralling quest to get out from under the black wing of sexual abuse and the mind-fuck of hiding my truth from myself for twenty-five years. I thrive despite betrayal, violence, around-the-clock art, hilarious ballroom dancing despots, a relationship from hell and whatever else.
ME TOO LOUD & CLEAR was written for:
• Survivors of abuse who believe they may never heal
• Survivors of sexual abuse who remember the abuse vaguely yet live in the shadow of its physical and emotional turmoil and triggers
• Folks in active addiction who suspect they may have been victims of sexual abuse
It's not until the age of thirty-one when my memories of sexual abuse surfaced that the mythology of my "perfect" and rather flamboyant childhood collapsed in a heap of brittle yet threatening rattlesnakes. A lone white flower left standing in a field of manure, I tell the tale of three generations of women-grandmother, mother, daughter-sharing the same perpetrators against the backdrop of the Catholic and economic oppression of the French patrimoine in Canada.
Sometimes staggering, always rambunctious, the journey described in this book Illuminates the tragedy of the intergenerational cycle of violence and silence.
By reading this book, survivors will discover that it is possible to heal from sexual abuse. There really is hope! You'll also learn:
• How survivors can bury their memories of abuse and recover them years later in adulthood
• Why and how compassionately acknowledging and witnessing your pain can help you heal
• How to lessen the burden of shame and despair
• The creative ways we protect ourselves psychologically and how to let them go when they no longer serve us
• The importance of boundaries, speaking your truth, and joining with other survivors
Transcending your pain and healing is a life affirming journey to freedom and the manifestation of your genius and sacred relevance.
ME TOO LOUD & CLEAR affirms that survivors of sexual abuse are not alone-there are millions of survivors. Transcending your pain and healing is a life affirming journey to freedom and the manifestation of your genius and sacred relevance.
Witness the transformational power of remembering, speaking up and healing. Please scroll up and order your copy of this inspirational and hope-giving book today.