An American edition of this title is due to publish in December 2008.
A life-changing book for the thousands in the UK suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in a mild to moderate form. Sufferers are plagued by a recurring thought or idea that won't go away (the obsession) then crippled by a form of behaviour (the compulsion) to try to cope with their fear. Common compulsions include hand washing, hoarding and checking.
- Overcome depression and motivate yourself to change
- Manage disturbing thoughts, images and urges
- Face fears and avoid distressing situations
- Reduce and overcome compulsions
- How partners, relatives and friends can help
--- from the publisher