Selected Papers of Ernest Lawrence Rossi, Ph.D.
VOLUME ONE 1967-2007
The papers of this volume trace the source of intuition and insight experienced in The Breakout Heuristic to the implicit or unconscious level during dreams, therapeutic hypnosis, psychotherapy, rehabilitation, and creative work in general.
We now know that novel, numinous, and “enrichening” experiences of every day life, as well as the epiphanies of the spirit in the arts, humanities, and the sciences, are associated with activity-dependent gene expression and brain plasticity. I propose that the genes that are turned on by salient life experiences correspond to the “axioms” in natural, rather than formal systemsof logic in the activities our mind; the proteins generated from genes correspond to the “theorems” of this natural system; the proteins then build new neural networks via brain plasticity, which correspond to the “proofs” that we experience as the essence of truth and beauty.
• The Breakout Heuristic: A Phenomenology of Growth Therapy with College Students
• Growth, Change, and Transformation in Dreams.
• Psychosynthesis and the New Biology of Dreams and Psychotherapy
• Psychological Shocks and Creative Moments in Psychotherapy
• The Wave Nature of Consciousness and Being: Ultradian Rhythms and Mind-Body Communication
• The Memory Trace Reactivation and Reconstruction Theory of Therapeutic Hypnosis...
• The Neuroscience of Observing Consciousness & Mirror Neurons in Therapeutic Hypnosis.
• Art, Beauty and Truth: The Psychosocial genomics of Consciousness, Dreams, and Brain Growth in Psycho therapy and Mind-Body Healing.
• Einstein’s Eternal Mystery of Epistemology Explained: The Four Stage Creative Process in Art, Science, Myth,
• The Psychosocial Genomics of Jung’s Transcendent Function in Art, Science, Spirit, & Psychotherapy