This powerful recording offers techniques and tools you can use right away to help your clients live a fulfilled life after loss. Despite being a heavy subject, Ligia Houben, grief and loss expert, presents it in a light manner.
Ligia has put her life work into developing the 11 Principles of Transformation®, which is a unique system that will help your clients bounce back after a loss. She will walk you through each principle with case studies and client success stories of moving past grief to living a fulfilled life again.
Ligia Houben, grief expert, will demonstrate tools that can help your clients find meaning, achieve breakthroughs, and to build the life they want on the other side of loss or transition. She will show you a roadmap that can help your clients find peace, healing and recovery.
This recording is for you, if you work with clients who experience any of the following:
• Loss of a loved one
• A divorce or romantic breakup
• Loss of a job
• Going through a major life transition such as kids leaving the home, retirement, etc
This recording will teach you how to help clients overcome their fears, live life with more meaning and purpose and transform from loss to living!
1. Explore different types of loss and utilize strategies to help clients identify patterns within their grieving process.
2. Incorporate the 11 Principles of Transformation® into your clinical practice to help clients reconcile grief and loss.
3. Differentiate between tasks and stages as they relate to the grieving process.
4. Integrate spiritual concepts such as acceptance, forgiveness and gratitude into your work with grieving clients to help facilitate healing and recovery.
5. Teach clients healing rituals including journaling, meditation and affirmations as strategies for coping with loss.
6. Utilize a strengths-based approach with clients to help reframe loss as an opportunity for growth and recovery.
About the Speaker:
Ligia M. Houben, MA, FT, FAAGC, CPC, CHT, is the founder of My Meaningful Life, LLC and executive director of The Center for Transforming Lives in Miami, FL where she consults with individuals and families; offers coaching/support groups and workshops. Ligia is a whole-hearted speaker in the field of grief & loss and life transitions. She has reached many people with her messages about transformation, meaning and personal growth. She is a Fellow in Thanatology: Death, Dying, and Bereavement and a Fellow of the American Academy of Grief Counseling. She holds a BA in Psychology and Religious Studies from the University of Miami, MA in Religious Studies and Graduate Certificates in Multidisciplinary Gerontology from Florida International University and in Loss and Healing from St. Thomas University.
Her work has been centered in the area of grief and loss, expanding into meaning and growth. Ligia has a passion for life and believes all of us are able to fulfill our purpose if we can only change our attitude and beliefs.
Ligia has conducted workshops and seminars in English and Spanish, in the United States and Latin America. She has appeared on numerous radio and television programs, including CNN Español, NPR, NBC, and Univisiòn. A pioneer in working with Hispanics and grief, she authored the book Counseling Hispanics through Loss, Grief, and Bereavement: A Guide to Mental Health Professionals, which has been widely embraced as a helping manual in clinical settings, hospitals, and individuals. This book includes her system of transformation, The 11 Principles of Transformation™ which was introduced in her self-help book Transform Your Loss: Your Guide to Strength and Hope.
*Continuing Education Information:
For U.S. and Canadian customers, a CE test is available for $9.99 USD per participant. International CE rates may vary; please contact PESI, Inc Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.