In this first-of-its-kind video, seven sex offenders in various stages of treatment introduce themselves with brief descriptions of their offenses and their victims. Facing the camera they respond to 21 questions asked aloud by an adult female survivor of childhood sexual abuse, questions she had originally asked her abuser, including:
* Why did you molest me?
* Why did you tell lies and keep secrets?
* How did you keep your lives (as a regular guy and a child molester) separate?
* How could I have stopped you?
* What did I do that led to this?
* Was there anyone else besides me?
* Are you mad because I told?
* What did you do to keep your victims from telling?
* What do you think I am going through?
* Are others safe around you?
* If you could tell the victims of sexual assault one thing, what would it be?
The answers are sometimes brutally honest, occasionally self-centered or unconvincing, but always illuminating.
57 minutes (approx)