About the workbook
Pathways to Recovery is a valuable resource for people who are embracing and mobilizing around a vision of recovery!
· Pathways translates the evidence-based practice of the Strengths Model into a self-help approach towards recovery from psychiatric disability.
· Pathways does not concentrate on psychiatric disorders, symptoms or treatments. Instead, Pathways guides readers through a process of self-assessment, self-discovery and planning that helps individuals set life goals and realize their dreams.
· Pathways promotes recovery in many areas of life including: having a sense of home, education, finding work, exploring relationship and supports, wellness, recreation, intimacy and spirituality.
· Pathways includes more than 30 first person accounts of recovery and provides inspiration and guidelines so that readers can create and share their on stories.
· Pathways to Recovery has been recognized by Boston University's Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation Recovery and Rehabilitation Newsletter as one of the top three recovery resources.
· Pathways to Recovery has been distributed and used throughout the United States and eight other countries including: Canada, Taiwan, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Israel, and the Netherlands.
· Pathways to Recovery has been used in many different ways including group settings, with therapists and case managers, and for personal use.