Dr. Russ Harris
Online Live Stream
May 18, 19, 25 & 26, 2022, 6:00 - 9:20pm ET
Early Bird Cost: $379 CAD + GST/HST (if applicable) by April 18, 2022
Regular Cost: $419 CAD + GST/HST (if applicable) after April 18, 2022
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 16, 2022 at 12 pm ET
* For information about Group Rates and Discounts click here .
*This workshop is being offered in partnership with ACT Mindfully*
"The moment I discovered Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, I fell deeply in love with it. It had a huge and profound impact on my life. Almost instantly, I began to develop a deep sense of purpose and meaning." - Dr. Russ Harris, Best-selling author, medical doctor, psychotherapist, coach & international ACT trainer
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is an evidence-based, "third wave" approach that gets its name from one of its core messages: "Accept what is out of your personal control, and commit to action that improves and enriches your life".
The aim of ACT is to maximize human potential for a rich, full and meaningful life. It does this by helping people to:
• Develop psychological skills to deal more effectively with difficult thoughts and feelings, in order to reduce their impact and influence.
• Clarify their values (the heart's deepest desires for how they want to behave as a human being; how they want to treat themselves, others and the world around them). These values are then used to guide, inspire, and motivate them to to take action: to do what matters, face their fears, live meaningfully, and change their life for the better.
• Focus their attention on what is important and engage fully in whatever they are doing.
To download a simple, non-technical article which gives a basic overview of ACT, click here
This highly practical and experiential workshop will introduce participants to the fundamental principles and techniques of ACT. You will be led through a wide variety of ACT exercises, in the same way as you would instruct them to your clients, and you will be encouraged to work with your own personal issues in order to get a feel for how truly transformational ACT can be. Participants of Dr. Harris’s ACT workshops regularly report not only major improvements in their therapy and/or coaching, but also in their personal lives.
You will also receive extensive support materials including a free copy of Russ’s ACT-based self-help book The Happiness Trap (this will be an eBook), an album of professionally-recorded mp3s of key mindfulness skills, and a 3-month-long follow up e-course.
You will learn:
• The six core principles of ACT, and how to adapt them to a wide variety of clinical populations
• Five powerful tools to develop and strengthen psychological acceptance
• Ten powerful ways to rapidly reduce the believability of negative thoughts (without challenging them)
• A sound understanding of mindfulness, and how to use it therapeutically
• How to innovate your own mindfulness techniques
• How to effectively use interventions based on metaphor, paradox and experiential exercises
• How to apply ACT in your own life, to create a sense of vitality, meaning and fulfilment
• How to use ACT to help you cope with the stresses of difficult clients
• How to access and experience a transcendent sense of self
• How to fundamentally change your relationship with unwanted thoughts and feelings
• How to help clients connect with their core values, and take committed action
Who Should Attend?
Any professional who works with physical or psychological health including (but not limited to) mental health professionals, health-care professionals and coaches.
You will receive:
• Login details and instructions emailed in advance of the workshop
• Downloadable handouts
• Certificate of attendance
• A free copy of ‘The Happiness Trap’ – Russ’s ACT-based self-help book (this will be an eBook)
• Mindfulness skills: Volume 1 – an album of professionally-recorded mp3s of key mindfulness skills
• Scripts for ACT techniques & exercises, which you can either use verbatim or adapt as desired for your clients
• A variety of useful handouts and worksheets for use with clients
• Ongoing support via e-mail
• Access to a recording of the workshop for a limited period of time after the workshop - so if you can’t join live, or need to miss part of the live workshop and want to view it afterwards, we’ve got you covered!?
About the Presenter
Dr. Russ Harris is a best-selling author, medical doctor, psychotherapist, life coach, advisor to the World Health Organisation, and world-renowned trainer of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy.
Russ’s background is in medicine. As a GP he became increasingly interested in the psychological aspects of health and wellbeing, and increasingly disenchanted with writing prescriptions. Ultimately this interest led to a total career change, and he now works in two different, yet complementary roles: both as a therapist and as a coach.
Russ has authored several ACT textbooks and ACT-based self-help books. His best-known book The Happiness Trap is now the most widely-translated ACT book in the world, with over one million copies sold worldwide and editions in over 30 languages. (To download the opening chapter, click here )
Russ has directly trained over 50,000 psychological health professionals in the ACT model and is known for his practical and fun style of teaching.
For more information about Russ and his work, visit: www.actmindfully.com.au