Annette Kussin, MSW, RSW
SickKids CCMH Learning Institute
February 2, 2023 | 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET
The theory of attachment clearly describes attachment as a lifelong phenomenon. Adults continue to be impacted by their early attachment experiences in their adult relationships and self-perception. Yet most therapy for adults has not incorporated an understanding of attachment nor based therapeutic interventions on attachment principles.
This training will present a model of therapy that will shift your theoretical framework to that of attachment-focused therapy. As the therapist, you will develop awareness of your own attachment style and its importance in the reparative process of therapy.
Registration includes a copy of Annette Kussin’s book: It’s Attachment: A New Way of Understanding Yourself and Your Relationships .
• Recognize adult attachment categories
• Assess adult attachment using patterns of behaviour and a modified form of the adult attachment interview
• Use attachment as a paradigm for understanding mental health diagnoses
• Recognize the adult brain and attachment
• Use the model of attachment-focused therapy for adults
• Make attachment the paradigm for therapeutic change
About the Facilitator:
Annette Kussin, MSW, RSW, RMFT is a registered Social Worker and Marital Family Therapist. She has been the Clinical Director of a number of Children’s Mental Health Centres and until 2013 she was the owner/director of the Leaside Therapy Centre, a multi-discipline private clinic. She specializes in Attachment Theory, Trauma and Brain Development and has received extensive training in these areas. Annette has a private practice where she offers assessments and therapy in Attachment and Trauma, training for many organizations and consultation to agencies and therapists.