The Just Relating Team
Leading Edge Seminars
Live Broadcast Dates: Monday, October 4, 2021
Live Broadcast Time: 1:00 pm to 4:15 pm ET each day
Live Broadcast Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Live Broadcast Time: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm ET
Can’t Attend Live? This webinar and Follow-up Q&A will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the Live Broadcast date.
The JustRelating Team is:
Sharon Ramsay, MDiv, RP, RMFT-SM, CCFT, Carla Rather, MS, LMFT, Elana Katz, MSW, LCSW, George Faller, MS, LMFT, Dr. Hiroshi Sasaki, PhD, Jay M. Seiff-Haron, PsyD, Dr. Katherine McKay, PhD, Peter Muhwati, CSW, and Sadaf Shalchian, MA, AMFT
JustRelating is an international group of seasoned psychotherapists who contend that power and privilege perpetuate inequality and inequity clinically and within global therapeutic communities. They believe that exclusion and hierarchical power structures reinforce inequality without examination and intervention.
Through evocative training, live interaction, and community engagement, JustRelating endeavours to lead change and growth. Their approach centres around the acronym RELATES: Reflect, Embody, Locate, Address, Track, Enact, and Synthesize.
Some of the JustRelating principles to combat inequality include:
• Augmenting alliance building skills
• Exploring name injustice and tracking impact
• Working with blocks in a culturally attuned way
• Identifying triggers and cues that prompt negative relational cycles
• Putting racial trauma into cycle
• Deepening in-session attunement with acuity to cultural differences
• Honing enactments
• Creating bonding experiences to promote resilience in couples who experience oppression, marginalization, acculturation stress, and intersectionality
Join this webinar and explore how the JustRelating approach to inequality can be integrated in your practice. If you’re a therapist looking to incorporate sociocultural attunement with cross-cultural competency, you won’t want to miss this workshop!
JustRelating was designed by ICEEFT Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) trainers, supervisors and clinicians yet is applicable to all therapeutic modalities.
Read more at https://www.justrelating.org/