Location: The Highland Country Club (1922 Highland Heights) London, Ontario
There’s a lot to learn when it comes to online fundraising and it can seem hard to keep up and know who to trust when it comes to best practices. This workshop will lay the groundwork for great and sustainable online fundraising based on 1,200 real experiments and multiple in-market research studies from NextAfter — a fundraising research lab that works alongside nonprofits to develop research as to why their donors give and put those learnings into practice to help them reach more people, acquire more donors, and generate more dollars to fund their world-changing work..
In the morning, you’ll get a sense of what online fundraising is, why it’s important for your cause, and how it’s currently being done in Canada. Then you’ll dive deeper into getting and sending (quality) emails as the main driver to online revenue before learning about the 3 types of donation pages and how to use and optimize them.
Finally, there will be time to submit your own emails and donation pages to be optimized live and alongside others in the workshop. With lots of time and opportunity for questions and discussion, you’ll be sure to walk away with practical ideas to try, optimize, and improve your current online fundraising and digital marketing.
About the Speaker:
Brady Josephson is a charity nerd, entrepreneur, digital marketer, adjunct professor, speaker, and writer. He’s the Vice President of Innovation and Optimization at NextAfter — a fundraising research lab and consultancy on a mission to unleash the most generous generation in the history of the world — where he works on content, research, and training.
An international speaker whose work and writing have been featured in The Huffington Post, Christianity Today, NPR, and The Chronicle of Philanthropy among others, Brady is also a host of The Generosity Freakshow, a podcast discussing how we can improve, optimize, and grow generosity.
He joined NextAfter after selling the marketing agency, Shift, and Google AdWords advertising company, Nonprofit Supply Co., that he founded. Previously, Brady worked for Chimp Technology, Opportunity International, and Spark Ventures. He has a Masters Degree in Nonprofit Administration from North Park University in Chicago.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
• Understand the importance of online fundraising to help them fund their cause and work
• Learn how the online and offline can impact and influence one another to grow revenue and better engage donors
• See why email acquisition is so important and how to best position their organization to grow their subscribers
• Know what makes a great fundraising email appeal
• Learn the key elements of a great donation page and the different types/applications of them
• Discover which metrics are essential and which ones aren’t
• Understand the importance of testing and optimization and how to get started with it