Solution Focused Anxiety Management provides the clinician with evidence-based techniques to help clients manage anxiety. Cognitive behavioral and strategic tools, acceptance-based ideas, and mindfulness are introduced from a solution-focused perspective and tailored to client strengths and preferences. The book presents the conceptual foundation, methods, and attitudes of a solution-focused approach. Case examples illustrate how to transform anxiety into the "Four Cs" courage, coping, appropriate caution and choice .
Readers learn how to utilize solution focused anxiety management in single-session, brief, and intermittent therapy as well as in a class setting. The book additionally includes all materials needed for teaching solution focused anxiety management in a four-session psychoeducational class: complete instructor notes, learner readings, and companion online materials.
Special Features :
• Focuses on what works in anxiety management
• Presents evidenced based techniques from a solution-focused perspective Increases effectiveness by utilizing client strengths and preferences
• Describes applications in single session, brief, and intermittent therapy
• Supplies forms and worksheets for the therapist to use in practice
• Features clinically rich case examples
• Supplements text with online companion material Suitable for use as a treatment manual, reference, or course text
• Offers a solution-focused anxiety treatment
• Focuses on anxiety management, not "elimination" •
Translates the program to individual therapy
• Presents patient exercises and case examples
• Includes guide for teaching/learning this therapeutic technique
About the Author:
Ellen K. Quick, Ph.D., earned her undergraduate degree from Wellesley College and her doctorate in clinical psychology from the University of Pittsburgh. She has practiced psychology for over twenty years, specializing in brief psychotherapy. Since 1981, Dr. Quick has worked at Kaiser Permanente in San Diego, California.