(Published simultaneously as the Journal of Organizational Behavior Management, Vol. 26, Nos. 1/2.)
Learn how behavioral analysis can lead to positive changes in the workplace.
An innovative and effective approach to organizational behavioral management
Despite more than 40 years of empirical and conceptual research, the contribution of behavior analysis to the world of business remains relatively small and organizational behavior management gets little attention in both the academic and professional communities. Acceptance and Mindfulness at Work presents behavioral analysis of human language that’s ready to use, with applied extensions proven to have a significant impact in organizational settings. The leading experts in the field examine how these ongoing developments can help broaden the exploration of the psychological issues relevant to organizational behavioral management (OBM) in the workplace.
Acceptance and Mindfulness at Work presents conceptual and empirical articles, and reviews of working examples of Relational Frame Theory (RFT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) applied to organizational behavior management. The book examines goal setting, feedback, task descriptions, and workers’ ability to learn as examples of how to affect positive change in organizations through increased productivity and improved quality of life in the workplace. The possibilities presented by RTF can lead to advancements in employee safety and training, stress and health management, employee evaluation, managing absenteeism, tardiness, and turnover, and self-management.
Acceptance and Mindfulness at Work examines:
* cognition in OBM
* industrial/organization (I/O) psychology
* how interventions using ACT have increased psychological flexibility
* rule-following feedback
* task performance feedback
* programmed schedules of reinforcement
* goal setting, goal statements, and goal-directed behavior
* how psychological flexibility and job control can predict learning, job performance, and mental health
* and much more
Acceptance and Mindfulness at Work is a vital professional resource for organization development practitioners and human resource managers.
--- from the publisher
* Expanding the Scope of Organizational Behavior Management: Relational Frame Theory and the Experimental Analysis of Complex Human Behavior (Steven C. Hayes, Kara Bunting, Scott Herbst, Frank W. Bond, and Dermot Barnes-Holmes)
* Psychological Flexibility, ACT, and Organizational Behavior (Frank W. Bond, Steven C. Hayes, and Dermot Barnes-Holmes)
* Relational Frame Theory and Industrial/Organizational Psychology (Ian Stewart, Dermot Barnes-Holmes, Yvonne Barnes-Holmes, Frank W. Bond, and Steven C. Hayes)
* When Knowing You Are Doing Well Hinders Performance: Exploring the Interaction Between Rules and Feedback (Joseph R. Haas and Steven C. Hayes)
* The Ability of Psychological Flexibility and Job Control to Predict Learning, Job Performance, and Mental Health (Frank W. Bond and Paul E. Flaxman)
* Goal Statements and Goal-Directed Behavior: A Relational Frame Account of Goal Setting in Organizations (Denis O’Hora and Kristen A. Maglieri)
* Reference Notes Included