Celebrating 10 Years of Shut Up, Move On!
Paul McGee's international bestselling personal development heavyweight S.U.M.O. has helped hundreds of thousands of people around the world fulfil their potential, seize opportunities, succeed at work, and respond to adverse situations with a positive attitude. Weighing in with humour, insight, practical tips, and personal anecdotes, it's a thought provoking—and possibly life-changing—read. Now newly updated to celebrate 10 years since its first publication and including up-to-date case studies and examples, as well brand new exercises to test yourself, S.U.M.O: 10th Anniversary Edition will help SUMO fans, as well as SUMO amateurs, get more out of this bestselling, self-help classic.
There are six S.U.M.O. principles that are designed to help you create and enjoy a brilliant life:
• Change Your T-Shirt— take responsibility for your own life and don't be a victim.
• Develop Fruity Thinking— change your thinking and change your results.
• Hippo Time is OK— understand how setbacks affect you and how to recover from them.
• Remember the Beachball— increase your understanding and awareness of other people's world.
• Learn Latin— change comes through action not intention.
• Overcome the tendency to put things off.
• Ditch Doris Day— create your own future rather than leave it to chance. Forget the attitude ‘que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be.'
“Having read countless personal development books I would say Paul has the genius edge of simplifying complex psychological concepts and putting them into punchy, memorable coaching tips for everyday situations” (Daily Express, May 2015)