The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-5-TR), is the most comprehensive, current, and critical resource for clinical practice available to today's mental health clinicians and researchers.
With contributions from over 200 subject matter experts, this fully updated volume boasts the most current text updates based on the current literature. Now better than ever, DSM-5-TR provides a cohesive, updated presentation of criteria, diagnostic codes, and text. This must-have updated volume offers a common language for clinicians involved in the diagnosis and study of mental disorders and facilitates an objective assessment of symptom presentations across a variety of clinical settings-inpatient, outpatient, partial hospital, consultation-liaison, clinical, private practice, and primary care.
Stay current with these important updates to DSM-5-TR:
• Fully revised text for each disorder with updated sections on associated features, development and course, risk factors, culture, suicide, differential diagnosis, and more.
• Addition of prolonged grief disorder to Section II-a new disorder for diagnosis
• New codes to flag and monitor suicidal behavior, available to all clinicians of any discipline and without the requirement of any other diagnosis
• Modified criteria sets with helpful clarifications since publication of DSM-5
• Fully updated ICD-10-CM codes implemented since 2013, including over 50 coding updates new to DSM-5-TR for substance intoxication and withdrawal
• Updated and redesigned Diagnostic Classification
This manual is a valuable resource for other physicians and health professionals, including psychologists, counselors, nurses, and occupational and rehabilitation therapists, as well as social workers and forensic and legal specialists. DSM-5-TR is the most definitive resource for the diagnosis and classification of mental disorders.