VORT's materials are intended for use by/through qualified child development specialists / professionals using the appropriate administration manual. These materials are not sold to parents.
The HELP Family-Centered Interview is an eight-page booklet that provides a flexible and meaningful framework for conducting a routines based, family-centered assessment. The Interview builds upon everyday routines and is linked by Strand ID numbers to Inside HELP and the HELP 0-3 Strands.
• Routines-based design facilitates the HELP 0-3 family-centered curriculum based assessment process.
• Helps inform and guide where to “begin” on the HELP Strands.
• Simple format keeps you focused on identifying family-centered concerns, priorities, and resources as they relate to their child’s development.
• Includes questions that help guide and inform family preferences for assessment and intervention with their child.
• Open-ended question format helps guide and inform functional outcomes for planning meaningful interventions.
• Questions link directly to the Strands in Inside HELP and HELP Strands.
Reviews/Quotes from Users:
". . . a strong illustration of ...honoring of parent information and preferences..."
—LINKing Assessment and Early Intervention
"… I am a long time user of Inside HELP and the Strands but I did not realize this wonderful interview existed–thank you!"
—School Psychologist, Regional Early Intervention Program