New edition of an acclaimed manual which uses the solution focused approach to take an empathetic and validating approach to working with individuals considering suicide.
• Offers invaluable guidance for suicide prevention by showing “what works” in treating those struggling with suicidal thoughts
• Provides straightforward ways to deal frankly with the subject of suicide, along with a range of tools and techniques that are helpful to clients
• Includes actual dialogue between practitioners and clients to allow readers to gain a better understanding of how to work with suicidal clients
• Compares and contrasts a ground-breaking approach to suicide prevention with more traditional approaches to risk assessment and management
• Features numerous updates and revisions along with brand new sections dealing with the international landscape, blaming the suicided person, Dr Alys Cole-King’s ‘Connecting with People’, and telephone work with the suicidal, Human Givens Therapy, and zero suicide