• A mindful approach to parenting that helps children (and their parents) feel happier, healthier, calmer, and less stressed in our frenetic era
• Rooted in the science of the brain, and integrating cognitive neuroscience and child development, Mindful Parenting is a unique program that speaks directly to today's busy families who make up what Dr. Race calls "Generation Stress." Research has shown that mindfulness practices stimulate the prefrontal cortex of the brain. Regular stimulation of this part of the brain helps us feel happier, healthier, calmer, less anxious, less stressed, and makes it easier for us to concentrate and think clearly-the very behavior we are hoping our children will display.
Dr. Race provides:
- An explanation of the way the brain works and why parents and kids today are more stressed, anxious, and angry than ever before
- Practical solutions to the problem: Things parents can do to change brain patterns and create a more relaxed and happier home
- "Brain Coolers": Quick tips that can be used in the moment to help families relax, recharge, and create happiness (such as "The Three Breath Hug")
Mindful Parenting understands the realities of raising a family in our fast paced and often-frenetic world and provides hundreds of easy-to-implement solutions to help parents and children manage stress, create peace, and live happier lives.
About the Author:
KRISTEN RACE, Ph.D. is an expert in child, family and school psychology and the founder of Mindful Life. Dr. Race speaks regularly at national conferences and for many community groups. Her print articles have appeared in Kiwi magazine, Denver Life, and Colorado Business Magazine among others, and she has appeared on the CBS Morning Show and Everyday Colorado as a parenting expert. She currently resides in Steamboat Springs, Colorado with her family.