Senior Executive Assessment is a concise and practical guide that demystifies assessment that is conducted at the senior-executive level.
• Defines Senior Executive Assessment, describes its benefits, and explains how it differs from assessment at lower levels
• Discusses how significant shifts in markets and business models can require a change in the characteristics needed in senior executives
• Provides a practical model with suggestions for assessing senior executives
• Offers guidelines for determining what assessment methods to use in an organization
• Examines practical considerations in how to choose professionals to conduct senior executive assessment
"As the essential asset of any company is its CEO, the need for a rigorous and effective assessment process is mandatory. Dean Stamoulis offers a compelling case and invaluable tutorial for evaluating this key corporate asset."
–Thomas A. Renyi, Retired Chairman, The Bank of New York Mellon
“This book makes a compelling case for senior executive assessment. Senior Executive Assessment is a valuable tool for boards of directors, as it tangibly demonstrates effective corporate governance. More CEOs and boards need to know about the options described in this book.”
–Arthur M. Blank, Co-Founder, Retired Co-Chairman & CEO, The Home Depot, Owner & CEO, Atlanta Falcons
"Competitive edge will continue to be enjoyed by companies that ensure they have the right leadership talent. This book provides real world guidance about how to build a useful senior executive assessment approach so that organizations can be more objective about their leaders and their match to strategy. Dean Stamoulis also offers new and interesting insights to the ongoing discussion about what makes a senior executive successful. I was particularly impressed with his focus on learning agility and emotional intelligence and the need to discern any ‘toxic’ tendencies. These areas are critical to ensuring successful hiring decisions."
–Bill Blase, Senior Executive Vice-President, Human Resources, AT&T
"Stamoulis’ writing style and years of experience allow him to share examples and hints that really provide useful information for those trying to understand the what, why, and how of executive assessment. Stamoulis isn’t doing “assessment-lite” in this volume. On the contrary, the book is quite solid on substance, but also extremely accessible."
–Paul E. Levy, University of Akron