Parenting is the toughest job on the planet. Fortunately, Canadian parents have Ann Douglas to turn to as their guide. Using her trademark non-bossy approach to all of the perennial parenting hot topics, Douglas has pulled together the latest research on everything from teaching kids self-discipline to preventing power struggles within the family to encouraging kids to feel great about themselves. The result is an all-Canadian guide to raising healthy, happy kids a book no Canadian parent should be without.
The Mother of All Parenting Books delivers:
• the facts on discipline-what works, what doesn't, and how your discipline methods need to evolve as your child grows older
• practical tips on teaching kids morals and values strategies for promoting healthy child-parent communication
• advice on avoiding parent burnout
• the lowdown on what it takes to keep kids safe today without smothering them
• the facts on fitness, nutrition, and body image and the important role that parents have to play in modeling healthy living for their kids
• research updates on bullying, eating disorders, childhood depression, and other important health and safety issues
• tips for riding out the sometimes rocky preteen years
• and a listing of Canadian resources.
About the Author:
Ann Douglas is the author of the bestselling The Mother of All series of parenting books and Parenting Through the Storm and is the national weekend parenting columnist for CBC Radio. A passionate and sought-after speaker, Ann leads parenting workshops and advises parents and educators across Canada. She lives in Peterborough, Ontario.
Facebook: The Mother of All Books