Restore your faith in love and build healthy, successful relationships with this essential guide for every woman haunted by her parents' divorce.
Over 40 percent of Americans ages eighteen to forty are children of divorce. Yet women with divorced parents are more than twice as likely than men to get divorced themselves and struggle in romantic relationships. In this powerful, uplifting guide, mother-daughter team Terry and Tracy draws on thirty years of clinical practice and interviews with over 320 daughters of divorce to help you recognize and overcome the unique emotional issues that parental separation creates so you can build the happy, long-lasting relationships you deserve.
Learn how to:
• Examine your parents' breakup from an adult perspective
• Heal the wounds of the past
• Recognize destructive dynamics in intimate relationships and take steps to change them
• Trust yourself and others by embracing vulnerability
• Create strong partnerships with their proven Seven Steps to a Successful Relationship
• Break the divorce legacy once and for all!
About the Authors:
Terry Gaspard, MSW, LICSW, is a licensed clinical social worker, researcher and acclaimed divorce expert with over thirty years of experience working with women, children of divorce, and their families. Her research has been published in The Journal of Divorce and Remarriage and she is a regular contributor to Huffington Post Divorce, DivorcedMoms.com and other outlets. Her writing has appeared on eharmony.com, TheDailyParent.com, and others.