• Provides evidence-based couple intervention
• Offers practical guidance for couple and family therapists as well as health professionals
• Describes major challenges that confront expectant parents
• Reviews ways to help couples appraise and improve relationship communication
• Addresses best practice care principles
This is a practical clinical guide to evidence-based education and support for couples during the progression into parenthood. Addressing issues such as communication, expectations, conflict management skills, self change, infant care principles, and shared parenting, this guide offers exercises and presents strategies to help therapists in assisting couples at this vulnerable stage in life.
??Supporting Couples Becoming Parents in the 21st century.- Expectant Parents: Developing Realistic and Shared Expectations.- Focusing on the Couple Relationship and Partner Needs During Pregnancy.- Taking Baby Home.- Sharing Infant Care.- Caring and Sexuality.- Looking Ahead.