"Bake Your Way To Happiness", is a unique self-help cookbook that is filled with recipes, reconstructions, insights, and tools for dealing with common issues. Topics include eating disorders, body image, self-esteem, depression, anxiety, OCD, mood swings, communication, stress, relationships, motivation and sleep.
In Bake Your Way to Happiness, you will find fifteen recipes along with fifteen strategies to nourish your body and spirit, and which will help you heal from all kinds of modern-day stresses and ails: sadness, body image issues, low self-worth, negative thinking, fear, insomnia, mood swings, anger, inner child issues, self sabotage, anxiety and more.
How do you bake your way to happiness? The answer is easy. You bake the wonderful recipes that have been tested especially for you by our wonderful food editor, Gilean Watts, and you follow the creative workbook reconstructions that have been formulated by our registered expert therapist, Marilyn Riesz.
The therapies and associated recipes are:
1. How To Find Happiness (Melt Your Heart Blueberry Scones)
2. Nurture Your Body and Soul (Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies)
3. Being Present and Grounded (Apple Pie Muffins)
4. Shower Yourself With Love (Coconut Whipped Cream Cake With Fluffy Icing)
5. You Deserve Goodness (Rhubarb Pudding Cake)
6. Achieve The Success You Want (Never-Fail Fudge)
7. Love Your Body (Orange Cranberry Loaf)
8. Your Thoughts Are Your Friends (Butter Tart Squares)
9. Balance Your Moods (Almond Scotch Cookies)
10. Communicate Effectively (Best-Ever Lemon Pie)
11. Love Your Inner Child (Buttermilk Chocolate Cupcakes)
12. Enjoy Happy Relationships (Date Squares)
13. How To Manage Stress (Blueberry Coffee Cake)
14. Find Your Passion (Cranberry Pie With Orange Custard)
15. Get A Good Night's Sleep (Classic Biscuits)
Reviews and Endorsements:
Bake Your Way to Happiness will melt your heart and satiate your soul. This book proves that happiness can be measured (via teaspoons, tablespoons, and cups), so turn on your oven and pull out your mixing bowls! This book is a good reminder that happiness can be ooey, gooey, sticky and messy! In addition, the simple strategies and creative exercises will nourish your soul and melt away the mayhem of everyday life.
- Sheryl Gordon, arewordinglife.com
Bake Your Way to Happiness contains psycho- therapeutic suggestions to nurture your soul. Key strategies to achieve psychological and emotional health are clearly described to help you attain a sense of well being and contentment. A "feel good" read!
- Amelia Perri, Registered Psychotherapist, therapyheals.ca
Baking and happiness do seem to go hand in hand. Many people have fond memories of their grandmother's baking. The intimate ritual, the sweet scents wafting from the oven, the ecstasy of eating the finished product. But Bake Your Way to Happiness takes this natural association several steps further and offers mouth-watering recipes along with wise teachings and a workbook. The book really is food for the soul.
- Mariellen Ward, breathedreamgo.com
Many times in my life, I've turned to baking to boost my mood. Getting lost in the sensations of kneading a dough, smelling the aroma of butter, sugar and spices as it bakes, and finally taking a bite-it's all naturally therapeutic. This book takes that experience a step further by using baking as a tool to actively create and welcome joy into your life.- Annabelle Waugh, food editor and recipe developer
What a gem! This book is a journey into finding your own recipe for happiness - and your guide is the perfect blend of therapist, mentor and gentle friend. - Christal Earle, founder of Live Different
Marilyn's capacity to guide individuals toward understanding their true sense of self has been demonstrated, over many years, in support groups she has facilitated; now, this wisdom is in your hands, shared by Marilyn and co-authors with humor and joy - create balance, and share with family and friends while learning how to trust in the wisdom of your authentic self.- Janice Morgante, Executive Director, Riverwalk Eating Disorders and Wellness Centres
About the Authors:
Marilyn Riesz, MA, RP is a Registered Psychotherapist providing over 16 years of private practice psychotherapy (www.eatingdisorderstherapy.ca)
Lisa De Nikolits is an acclaimed author of five published novels (lisadenikolitsdesign.com)
Gilean Watts is a food editor at Canadian Living (stuckinthyme.com)