Anatomy of Exercise is revolutionary for its insights into how different muscles of the body actually work during exercise. The book is organized by body area and shows common sequences in the progression of a typical workout. Lifelike anatomical illustrations demonstrate each exercise and reveal in colorful detail exactly which muscles are engaged, which are being conditioned and how those muscles respond.
The following features help the reader gain the greatest benefit from each exercise and thereby improve fitness and well-being:
• Detailed, full-color anatomical illustrations for all the exercises
• Annotations identifying the active and stabilizing muscles
• Concise how-to instructions for each exercise
• Identification of the specific muscles that benefit the most from each exercise
• Suggested modifications for different levels of difficulty
• Instructions on stabilizing the body throughout each movement
• A visual index of exercises that allows easy navigation through the book
• A glossary of anatomical terms.
No other book provides such rich detail tailored to the general reader. Beginners, those already committed to exercise, competing athletes, trainers, coaches, physiotherapists, massage therapists and the many others involved in fitness will find Anatomy of Exercise fascinating, instructive and practical.