nothing in cart|
|Now open for browsing, Monday-Saturday, 11AM-4PM! Still free shipping across Canada for orders over $50. Please read our Covid-19 statement here.|
Join our mailing list! Click here to sign up.
Treating the Trauma of Rape : Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for PTSD |
Foa, Edna B.|
|Guilford Publications / Softcover / 2001-11-01 / 1572307366|
| ||Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) / Sexual Abuse|
|reg price: $46.95 our price: $
42.26 (may be subject to change)|
Not in Stock, usually ships in 7-10 business days |
Informed by the latest research and written by two of the leading authorities in the field, this invaluable resource presents step-by-step guidelines for assessing and treating sexual assault survivors suffering from PTSD. The book provides a clear review of the treatment literature and guides the clinician in designing individualized cognitive-behavioral treatment programs for traumatized women. Complete instructions are given for sensitively gathering needed information and delivering effective time-limited interventions. Enhancing the book's clinical utility are numerous case examples illustrating how to implement core cognitive-behavioral techniques and deal with common problems and complications in treatment.
Table of Contents
I. What Do We Know about PTSD Following Assault?
1. The Clinical Picture: A Rape Victim and Her Father Tell Their Stories
2. Diagnosis and Prevalence of PTSD Following Assault
3. Other Common Responses to Assault
4. What Do We Know about Treatment Efficacy for PTSD?
5. Theoretical Bases for PTSD and Its Treatment
II. How to Conduct Effective Treatment of PTSD
6. An Overview of Cognitive-Behavioral Techniques and Programs for PTSD
7. Assessment of PTSD and Related Problems
8. The Beginning of Treatment
9. In Vivo Exposure: Confronting the Feared Situations
10. Imaginal Exposure: Reliving the Trauma
11. Cognitive Techniques I: Cognitive Restructuring
12. Cognitive Techniques II: Thought Stopping and Guided Self-Dialogue
13. Relaxation Training: Deep Muscle, Cue-Controlled, and Differential Relaxation
14. Role Playing and Covert Modeling
15. Common Problems, Termination, and a Full Case Example
Appendix: Assault Information and History Interview (AIHI)