Nobody should have to die in pain. Nobody should have to die alone. This is Ira Byock?s dream, and he is dedicating his life to making it come true. Dying Well brings us to the homes and bedsides of families with whom Dr. Byock has worked, telling stories of love and reconciliation in the face of tragedy, pain, and conflict. It is a companion for families, showing them how to deal with doctors, talk to loved ones ? and make the end of life as meaningful and enriching as the beginning.
* Exceptional praise from M. Scott Peck, The Washington Post, San Francisco Chronicle, and many others
* Dr. Byock is a nationally recognized leader in hospice care
* The hospice community is comprised of over 5,000,000 professionals and volunteers
* The tremendous success of How We Die (215,000 hc) and Final Gifts (150,000 pb) proves the market?s viability
* Dying Well is the On Death and Dying for the ?90s