In this groundbreaking book based on his bestselling audio teaching series, a distinguished psychologist shares his breakthrough techniques for creating deeper and more lasting connections with our loved ones.
"Every time we think, we set into motion the entire creative mechanism. Love is not so much an emotion as it is a conscious, willful decision we make."
Dr. Henry Grayson puts aside the traditional methods of family counseling to show you how to look at your relationships from an entirely different perspective. Combining Western psychology, Eastern philosophy, a variety of spiritual traditions, and today's newest current in scientific thinking, Grayson guides you through ten simple but specific and effective practices, and shares crucial insights about:
· The power of thought to heal our relationships and ourselves
· How to break the vicious cycle of interaction that traps us in patterns of resentment and isolation
· How to change our core beliefs by making perceptual shifts that end suffering
· The six forms of counterfeit love and nine barriers to love
· Unblocking the flow of love and choosing love over fear
· Creating a spiritual marriage rather than an ego-based marriage
· The ten characteristics of empowering love