Counselors, parents, and teachers will find this book to be one of the most unique, thought-provoking, practical, and somewhat unconventional guides they've ever picked up. It is based on recent research that tells us that a person's grit (hard work, determination, perseverance) combined with good soft (social) skills are better predictors of future success than IQ, grade point averages, and standardized test scores. Although the book focuses on several serious topics, it is filled with humor, short stories, and motivational quotes.
Readers will discover:
• Tips for increasing one's GQ (Grit Quotient)
• Descriptions of the four components of GRIT
G: Getting along with others
• 30 stories of gritty individuals
• Ten tales of integrity
• When to stop whining/complaining and have a can of ""Suck-it-up""
• 18 reasons why children are safer outdoors than indoors
• 25 strategies for becoming more tenacious
• A set of guidelines for implementing a classroom or schoolwide GOT GRIT? Program