Give Kids the Power of Positive Reinforcement In AD/HD SUCCESS! Solutions for Boosting Self-Esteem, AD/HD expert Kerin Bellak-Adams presents a unique and practical method for working with children and adolescents who need to overcome some of the challenges that are frequently encountered in those with an AD/HD diagnosis. Based on her extensive experience working with families, Bellak-Adams's proven techniques boost self-esteem while helping children achieve their full potential.
• Developed for ages 7 to 17, this hands-on workbook provides motivational tools that help kids experience a dramatic shift in positive attitude toward themselves, aiding them in developing new behaviors that will allow them to flourish in and out of school. Supporting exercises and worksheets help students learn time-management skills, improve communication with parents and teachers, develop accountability, increase self-discipline, and become aware of untapped strengths--putting them on the path to lifelong success! Featured in this invaluable workbook are: More than 50 reproducible diary pages that help children experience and acquire a positive attitudes self-image!
• Exercises that encourage children to communicate their inner thoughts, develop selfawareness, accountability, and demonstrate their courage
• Individualized step-by-step prompts that focus on time-management and many other AD/HD challenges.
• Result-oriented activities for parents and caregivers that encourage constructive, positive actions
• A customized Home/School Accountability Form for parents and teachers designed to improve daily correspondence and collaboration for Parent/Teacher conferences.
• Tools for helping teachers, student-teachers and classroom aides to identify and cope with AD/HD issues.
• Practical applications for school psychologists and clinical practitioners to be used on a one-on-one basis or in a group setting
Rave Reviews From the Experts!
"An excellent and practical workbook developed out of years of experience and caring. I highly recommend this workbook."
--Edward Hallowell, M.D.author of Driven To Distraction & Answers To Distraction
"Finally, a book for the kids! One that they can really use to boost their self-esteem, along with good information for their parents to help them understand also. It's just like having your own portable support group--take it with you, and read and write when you feel you need an ego boost. An easy-to-read book for everyone: parents, teachers, students--it goes a long way in advocating understanding of AD/HD--what it is, and what it is NOT!!!"
--Theresa C. Cavanaugh, LDT-C, President, Learning Disabilities Association of New York
"Kerin's understanding, borne of her many years of working in the field of AD/HD, has given her the ability to write a workbook that is an essential and comprehensive resource."
--Roy J. Boorady, M.D., Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine Director, Psychopharmacology Service, NYU Child Study Center
Learn more about AD/HD Success! at www.ReachBeyondADD.com