Boundaries are the ways we communicate our needs. They are what allow us to feel safe among strangers, in everyday interactions, and in our closest relationships. When we have healthy boundaries, we have a strong foundation in an uncertain world. And when someone crosses your boundaries, or you cross someone else's, the results range from unsettling to catastrophic. In this book, bestselling author Dr. Faith Harper offers a full understanding of issues of boundaries and consent, how we can communicate and listen more effectively, and how to survive and move on from situations where our boundaries are violated. Along the way, you'll learn when and how to effectively say "no" (and "yes"), troubleshoot conflict, recognize abuse, and respect your own and others' boundaries like a pro. You'll be amazed at how much these skills improve your relationships with friends, strangers, coworkers, and loved ones.
About the Author:
Faith G. Harper, PhD, LPC-S, ACS, ACN is a bad-ass, funny lady with a PhD. She's a licensed professional counselor, board supervisor, certified sexologist, and applied clinical nutritionist with a private practice and consulting business in San Antonio, TX. She has been an adjunct professor and a TEDx presenter, and proudly identifies as a woman of color and uppity intersectional feminist. She is the author of the book Unf*ck Your Brain and many other popular zines and books on subjects such as anxiety, depression, and grief. She is available as a public speaker and for corporate and clinical trainings.
Check out Faith Harper's other titles, including:
• Unf#ck Your Boundaries : Build Better Relationships Through Consent, Communication, and Expressing Your Needs
• Unf#ck Your Boundaries Workbook
• Unf#ck Your Intimacy : Using Science for Better Relationships, Sex, and Dating
• Unf#ck Your Intimacy Workbook
• Unf#ck Your Anger : Using Science to Understand Frustration, Rage, and Forgiveness
• Unf#ck Your Anger Workbook
• Unf#ck Your Adulting : Give Yourself Permission, Carry Your Own Baggage, Don't Be a Dick, Make Decisions, & Other Life Skills
• Unf#ck Your Year : A Weekly Unplanner and Self-Care Activity Book to Manage Your Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Triggers, and Freak-Outs
• Unf#ck Your Worth : Overcome Your Money Emotions, Value Your Own Labor, and Manage Financial Freak-outs in a Capitalist Hellscape
• Unf#ck Your Worth Workbook : Manage Your Money, Value Your Own Labor, and Stop Financial Freakouts in a Capitalist Hellscape
• Unf#ck Your Brain : Using Science to Understand Frustration