Class is in session! From IUDs to UTIs, periods to pregnancy, and menstrual cups to cervical caps,Women’s Health Vagina University teaches the modern woman everything you need to know about your most intimate parts—even if you are uncomfortable saying "vagina" out loud.
Women’s Health Vagina University challenges stigmas directed at women’s bodies and sexuality, offers advice and support, and explains how your vagina’s health can impact your overall health. It also includes:
• A quick overview of all things anatomical and biological that you learned in health class in middle school. The birds and the bees haven’t changed, but even the teacher’s pet can use a refresher!
• Information on choosing the right gynecologist, birth control, period solution, and anything else a woman might have to choose in any circumstance. It is her right, after all.
• Eye-opening and entertaining facts about the history of women’s healthcare and vagina-related issues all over the world.
• Straightforward guide to all the signs and symptoms that show up when there is something wrong down there and a trip tothe OB-GYN is just what the doctor ordered.
• Body- and sex-positive discussions about consent, pleasure in its many forms, and achieving the all-important O in a world filled with stereotypes and misinformation.
• Myth-busting truth-bombs that separate the cold, hard facts from the old wives tales, distortions, and misleading political rhetoric.
Women’s Health Vagina University aims to dispel the myths, unpack the lies, explain laws, and define words that confuse and limit women, and empower you to take full control of your health, your bodies, and your futures.
About the Editors:
Sheila Curry Oakes has collaborated on books with numerous experts in the fields of health and wellness, parenting, and personal growth, and has worked for major houses as an acquisitions editor. Currently a freelance editor and ghostwriter, she lives with her family outside New York City.
Michelle Tham Metz PHD is a board-certified Obstetrician-Gynecologist currently practicing on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Dr. Metz resides just north of the Bronx with her husband and two children.