Take Control of OCD: A Kid's Guide to Conquering Anxiety and Managing OCD is a must-have guide for kids and teens ages 10–16 with obsessive-compulsive disorder to help them take control and use their strengths to find success in school and in life. This fully updated second edition:
• Uses a cognitive-behavioral therapy and exposure/response prevention method to stress gradual exposure to obsessive thinking patterns.
• Provides a step-by-step ladder-based process to help readers conquer their fears and demolish their worries.
• Helps kids change their obsessive thoughts, tolerate uncertainty, and develop positive self-talk and stress management.
• Also helps kids advocate for their needs in school and build successful relaxation procedures.
• Includes workbook-style pages for readers to complete.
From her extensive work with hundreds of young people with OCD, the author offers tons of advice, information, and ideas for kids and teens. Readers will find themselves in this book, as it normalizes and validates the often hidden and undisclosed thoughts, urges, and images, and accompanying rituals and compulsions that so many children and teens with OCD struggle with.
About the Author:
Bonnie Zucker, Psy.D., is a psychologist specializing in the treatment of anxiety disorders and OCD in children and adults. She is in private practice in Rockville, MD, and is the author of "Anxiety-Free Kids" and "Take Control of OCD," and coauthor of "Resilience Builder Program for Children & Adolescents."