A helpful, informative companion to the Ages & Stages Questionnaires®: Social-Emotional, Second Edition (ASQ:SE-2) screening system, this DVD gives an overview of emotional and social development and provides a thorough introduction toASQ:SE-2. Viewers get an inside look at the screening system in practice as they watch a home visitor usingASQ:SE-2with the family of a 4-year-old boy. They'll
• see how parents complete the questionnaires, with close-ups of sample questions
• learn about key success factors in working with families, such as establishing trust and ensuring confidentiality
• explore factors that may affect the results ofASQ:SE-2, such as the child's health, environment, and developmental delays
• get easy-to-follow instructions on scoring the questionnaires, supported by examples
• learn how to make professional judgments about referrals and communicate them to the family
With this instructive DVD, early interventionists, home visitors, pediatricians, teachers, and other professionals will be fully prepared to administer and scoreASQ:SE-2.
Learn more about the completeASQ:SE-2 system, and discoverASQ-3(tm), the best way to screen infants and young children for developmental delays during the crucial first 5 years of life.