Dr Karen Treisman has designed this versatile and colourful card deck to enable practitioners supporting children, teens or adults who have experienced trauma, stress or adversity.
The cards are organized into four different types: sentence completion cards, survival response cards, signals/signs cards and different types of trauma cards. In combination, the cards provide you with a rich resource which enables you to:
· Increase understanding of the multi-layered impact of trauma, stress, and adversity - including common sensory, physical, emotional, cognitive and relational aspects.
· Deepen assessment and information-gathering
· Reflect on progress and the journey
· Inform goals and focus interventions
· Identify survival responses, feelings and experiences
· Use metaphors, analogies and symbols to support Find new ways to name, label or describe experiences or feelings
· Increase empathy, understanding and compassion
· Support reflection and curiosity
· Explore the wider lens of trauma - including cultural, intergenerational, medical, war trauma etc.
And much more!
Developed to be inclusive of a variety of learning styles, abilities and language skills, the pack can be used with individuals, groups, teams and organizations. Accompanied by a comprehensive explanatory booklet, they will enable you to create assessments, psychoeducation and interventions which are playful, enriching and creative.
About the Author, and the Illustrator:
Dr. Karen Treisman, MBE, is an award-winning specialist Clinical Psychologist, trainer, and bestselling author, working in London, UK. Karen is also the Director of Safe Hands and Thinking Minds Training and Consultancy services.
Richy K. Chandler is a London-based writer and illustrator. He is the author of You Make Your Parents Super Happy!, When Are You Going to Get a Proper Job? and Lucy The Octopus