Since its first publication in 1999, the Roadmaps to Recovery workbook has been helping boys and girls ages six to twelve overcome sexual behavior problems. Now Timothy J. Kahn (author of Pathways and co-author of Footprints) has thoroughly updated, revised and enhanced the material, including additional emphasis on becoming a Survivor, for this new second edition. Roadmaps to Recovery incorporates many components of Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to facilitate a core evidence-based intervention. Therapy is broken down into 16 distinct steps to help children learn
• to express feelings
• to regulate emotions
• to manage sexual urges
• to recognize and redirect negative thinking and behavior patterns
• stress management skills
• about puberty and appropriate sexuality
• rules for appropriate touching
• how to keep themselves and others safe
Buzzbee, the cartoon jeep, helps your young client navigate these chapters and exercises and provides a comfortable context within which to establish and maintain the therapeutic dialog. For this new edition, Buzzbee has been completely reimagined, becoming more engaging and child friendly to provide emotional encouragement during this journey to recovery. Among the other many changes and revisions, the second edition includes the following three significant additions:
• A new chapter focuses on learning to be a survivor.
• A new series of brief chapter tests reinforce skills.
• A complete redesign with many new illustrations makes the workbook easier to read, easier to follow, and more appealing to children.
With compassion and humor, Tim Kahn has made the second edition of Roadmaps to Recovery an even more powerful tool for helping abuse-reactive children change from victims to survivors and learn to develop healthier behaviors along the way. (2007)
--- from the publisher