The Mental Status Examination (MSE) is an essential component of all clinical interviews, and remains the cornerstone of descriptive psychopathology. It is a structured set of questions and observations designed to assess:
* Cognitive Functioning & Sensorium
Acrostics.: A Guide to a Successful Mental Status Exam provides a comprehensive and enjoyable overview of the mental status exam. Features include:
* DSM-IV diagnostic criteria that pertain to findings on the MSE
* Coverage of each aspect of the MSE in an individual chapter with definitions, numerous examples, and explanations outlining the relevance of specific findings
* Sample questions to ask in each section of the MSE
* An "edutainment" approach with many illustrations, mnemonics, illustrations and summary diagrams
Acrostics for Psychiatric Diagnostics is a condensation of Mnemonics & More for Psychiatry. It just contains the memory aids only, and not the supplemental information from the larger book.
About the Author
Dave Robinson is a psychiatrist practicing in London, Ontario, Canada. His particular interests are consultation-liaison psychiatry and both undergraduate and postgraduate education. He attended medical school at the University of Toronto, and then completed a residency in family practice before entering psychiatry. He is a (lowly) lecturer in psychiatry at the University of Western Ontario in London, Canada.
About the Artist
Brian Chapman was born in Sussex, England and moved to Canada in 1957. He was formerly a Creative Director at Mediacom. He continues to freelance and is versatile in a wide range of media. He devoted almost twenty years of his time and talents to create over one thousand illustrations for Rapid Psychler Press. Brian passed away in 2012 after a brief respiratory ailment. His extreme generosity and legendary sense of humour live on in the pages of this book.