Based on the author's twenty years of clinical experience and research using EMDR to treat pain, this book shows how to harness natural brain capacities such as attention, memory and sensory processing to change the brain activity which maintains pain. The new 'Change Your Brain Change Your Pain' offers a combination of insightful information and practical real-world strategies for reversing the brain activity which maintains chronic pain and includes:
• How to understand your pain in terms of how your brain works.
• How to match pain-related problems onto brain activity and choose strategies that target the brain activity involved.
• How to use sensory stimulation to change the brain activity associated with pain
• 15 x brain-smart bottom-up and top down strategies for overcoming pain.
• 40 x activities for reversing the various physical and emotional effects of chronic pain.
•15 x guided audio self-help exercises (two hours of audio downloads).
• Updated information on the connection between stress and pain (e.g. trauma, and attachment problems).
About the Author:
Mark Grant is a psychologist/researcher who was an early adopter of EMDR in the treatment of chronic pain after becoming frustrated with the limitations of traditional psychological methods - particularly their inability to modify the sensory aspect of pain. He has created a treatment manual and a variety of self-help resources based on the method. His app 'anxiety release based on E.M.D.R' resulted in the first documented case of an app being used to alleviate physical discomfort associated with chronic pain. Mark lives and works in Melbourne Australia.